The topic of open science and open data is discussed in many different contexts at LU as well as by other national, EU and global stakeholders.
Projects that have been granted funding from Horizon 2020 must have a research data management plan as of 2017, which assumes that publications and research data are made openly available. Researchers are also urged to make research data FAIR - Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable. This means that research data is handled in a way that makes them easy to find, access, paired with other data sets and reused. Even those who do not want to publish their data can benefit from managing their research data in a good way.
How is the University Library preparing?
At the Univesity library we believe that good reserach data management and making data accessible will become a natural part of many researchers’ work in the future. Therefore, our activities are conducted accordingly, aimed at developing services for research data management. We have a local, national and international network of stakeholders working with research data, including libraries, archives, data centres, research infrastructures and other national infrastructures.
We also have experience in data management modelling within an infrastructure, assessing reliable data and archiving, traceability and referencing of research data and metadata to promote interoperability and to make them easier to find, as well as in interaction design and content strategy.
Support and consulting
Lund univesity library can answer questions and take assignments regarding management of research data. We help with advice on specific issues and provide presentations and seminars to different groups. Please contact us!
Current assignments at the University Library
- ICOS Carbon Portal: For some time now, the university library has been commissioned as an information specialist in the ICOS carbon portal data port, which collects and distributes greenhouse gas data from observation stations across Europe. For more information, contact Maria Johnsson.
Visit ICOS Carbon Portal
- Swedish National Data Service (SND): Lund university has been part of SND's consortium since 2018. The university library is working to establish services and coordinate support for, among other things, the description and publication of research data. For more information contact Maria Johnsson.
SND Consortium - Swedish National Data Service
Publications written by colleagues within LU:s library network
- Johnsson, M & Lassi, M (2018). Research Data Management from planning to analysis: A case study of the NanoMAX beamline station at MAX IV Laboratory.
- Hellström, M, Johnsson, M, Toussaint, F, Kindermann, S, Lear, D, Huber, R, Stocker, M, Enell, C-F, Häggström, I. (2018). A report on negotiations with publishers, providers of existing data citation systems and other scientific organisations on implementing a global data citation system. Deliverable of ENVRIplus work package 6 – Inter-RI Data Identification and Citation Services. (PDF)
- Hellström, M, Lassi, M, Vermeulen, A, Huber, R, Stocker, M, Toussaint, F, Atkinson, M, Fiebig, M. (2017). A system design for data identifier and citation services for environmental RIs projects to prepare an ENVRIPLUS strategy to negotiate with external organisations. Deliverable of ENVRIplus work package 6 – Inter-RI Data Identification and Citation Services. (PDF)
- Johnsson, M, Lassi, M. (2016). Hantering av forskningsdata vid fakulteterna inom Lunds universitet – en lägesbeskrivning hösten 2015. Lund: Lunds universitet. (PDF, in Swedish)
- Johnsson, M, Tilgmann, C, Bank, M, Hultman Özek, Y, Eriksson, J, Lassi, M & Smith, C. (2016). Datahanteringsplaner (DHP) – reflektioner bland ett antal Lundaforskare och från vissa forskningsfinansiärer. Lund: Lunds universitet; 2016. (PDF, in Swedish)
- Johnsson, M, Tilgmann, C, Bank, M, Hultman Özek, Y, Lassi, M, Eriksson, J & Smith, C. (2016). En omvärldsanalys kring datahanteringsplaner. Lund: Lunds universitet; 2016. (PDF, in Swedish)
- Lassi, M, Johnsson, M, & Golub, K. (2016). Research data services: An exploration of requirements at two Swedish universities. IFLA Journal, 42(4), 266-277.
- Lassi, M, Johnsson, M, Smith, C, Eriksson, J. (2016). Stödtjänster för hantering av forskningsdata – möjligheter för forskningsbiblioteken. InfoTrend. 69, 1/2, s 30-40 (in Swedish).
- Slutrapport för projektet Långsiktig öppen tillgång till forskningsdata vid HT-fakulteterna och S-fakultet (PDF, in Swedish)
- Åhlfeldt, J., & Johnsson, M. (2015). Research Libraries and Research Data Management within the Humanities and Social Sciences. [Report]. (PDF)
For questions, please contact
publicera [at] lub [dot] lu [dot] se
maria [dot] johnsson [at] ub [dot] lu [dot] se
046-222 90 40