Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

Open access

Freely available research publications
Open access (OA) publishing means that research results are published in such a way that they are freely accessible online. There are two ways to approach OA: the “golden road” by publishing in open access journals, and the “green road” by depositing a copy of an article in an open access repository, also known as self-archiving.

In Lund University’s policy on publishing, researchers are encouraged to publish OA as much as possible in order to increase research visibility, use and impact. Many of the large research funders also require that research results be published so that they are freely accessible to everyone.

We have compiled information in the following pages based on the two routes to OA: publishing directly in an OA journal (the golden road) and self-a rchiving (the green road).

Page Manager:


For questions about the publication process, bibliometrics, research data, open access, etcetera., please contact:

publicera [at] lub [dot] lu [dot] se

For questions about LUCRIS, please contact:

servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se

Related information

Find out more about OA in Sweden at

OA logo, an open lock
The open access symbol, an open padlock composed by the letters O and A, signifies free access to research publications.