Support for publication fees
The Article Processing Charges (APC) funds provides opportunities for researchers at Lund University to receive partial funding for publishing articles in OA journals. The funds are administered by the University Library.
The following financial publishing support applies:
- Applications for funding support can be made for all open access journals published by serious publishing houses.
- The funding only covers 50 per cent of the APC.
Terms and conditions for financial publishing support
The following terms and conditions apply for financial publishing support:
- The corresponding author must be employed at Lund University, have a cost centre at LU and be registered in LUCAT.
- The corresponding author must state a Lund University-connected affiliation in the article.
- The journal must be entirely OA in order for support to be granted. Publication in hybrid journals or journals with delayed OA will not be granted support. (Hybrid journals include individual articles that are freely available, but the journal as a whole requires a subscription.)
- The funding covers 50 per cent of the APC.
- The journal must meet certain quality requirements. Generally, a publishing house should meet the OASPA’s Code of Conduct in order for funds to be contributed towards the APC.
- Publishing support is distributed on a first come first served principle.
- To be sure to receive money from the fund you must have submitted an application and have it approved. First, get an approved fund application and then submit to the publisher if you want to be sure to receive money from the fund.
- If the year’s allocated funds for publishing run out before the end of the year, support ceases until new funds are available.
- If the publishing fund run out before new funding have been secured, all submitted articles that have been approved for support will receive support upon publication, even if publication takes place after funding is no longer approved for new articles.
How to apply
- When you have decided which journal you will send your article to, fill in the form and send it to the University Library.
- The University Library will inform you whether or not support will be granted.
- When the article has been accepted the invoice will be split 50/50 in LUPIN.
For questions about the publication process, bibliometrics, research data, open access, etcetera., please contact:
publicera [at] lub [dot] lu [dot] se
For questions about LUCRIS, please contact:
servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se
Watch out for dubious publishers and journals
There are dubious OA publishers and journals that Lund University does not support. We have listed some general advice here . If you would like help to assess the quality of a publisher or a journal before submitting an article, please contact us at publicera [at] lub [dot] lu [dot] se.
Publication in a subscription-based journal when the research funder requires OA
One alternative is to self-archive the article in LUCRIS if the publishing house allows self-archiving. The majority of research funders allow self-archiving as an alternative to direct OA publishing.