The Library Board is the board of the University Library and has a general responsibility for the collective library services at Lund University - the University Library, faculty libraries and independent centre libraries.
The Library Board consists of Pro Vice-Chancellor Viktor Öwall, chairman, the Library Director, four faculty members, two external members and two students. The members are appointed for three years except the student representatives, who are appointed for one year.
The Library Board's term of office follows the joint university boards' terms of office. The present term of office is 1 February 2021 to 31 January 2024.
The Library Board
Viktor Öwall, Pro vice-chancellor
Agnes Andersson Djurfeldt, Pro Dean at Faculty of Social Sciences
Heiko Herwald, Vice Dean at Faculty of Medicine
Sven Lidin, Dean at Faculty of Science
Barbara Törnquist-Plewa, Pro Dean at Joint Faculties of Humanities and Theology
Lars Burman, Library Director at Uppsala University
Gunilla Herdenberg, National Librarian emerita
Elisabeth Jensen Haverling
Staff representatives with right of attendance and speech
Marie Hoen, SACO
Magnus Karlsson, ST
Keeper of minutes
Lena Landgren, Controller at Lund University Library
Duties of the board
The Library Board:
- decides on a budget proposal for the University Library on the basis of the Library Director's assessments.
- determines strategic plans and annual reports for the University Library.
- follows up the work on ongoing risk management issues within the University Library and takes decisions on action.
- develops a competency supply plan for the University Library.
- cooperates with faculties, specialised university centres, cultural centres and museums , the Education Board, Research Board and other joint university bodies.
- is responsible for strategic questions.
- decides on general rules designed to give staff and students equal opportunities at the University Library, faculty libraries and independent centre libraries.
The Library Board's minutes
For minutes, please contact keeper of minutes Lena Landgren: lena [dot] landgren [at] ub [dot] lu [dot] se.
+46 46 222 83 68
+46 76 794 00 16
lena [dot] landgren [at] ub [dot] lu [dot] se