The topic of open science and open data is discussed in many different contexts at LU as well as by other national, EU and global stakeholders. In Sweden, there are currently no national guidelines on making research data available, but many have started to prepare for the upcoming government research bill, expected in autumn 2016.
How is the University Library preparing?
At UB we believe that making research data available will become part of many researchers’ work in the future. Therefore, our activities are conducted accordingly, aimed at developing services for research data management. We have a local, national and international network of stakeholders working with research data, including libraries, archives, data centres, research infrastructures and other national infrastructures. Furthermore, we are investigating what types of research data are generated and managed at LU, the needs associated with them, and the services required to meet those needs.
We are currently developing the research infrastructure ICOS Carbon Portal which is a pan-European infrastructure for research on greenhouse gas. We also have experience in data management modelling within an infrastructure, assessing reliable data and archiving, traceability and referencing of research data and metadata to promote interoperability and to make them easier to find, as well as in interaction design and content strategy.
publicera [at] lub.lu.se
Publications in relation to research data written by colleagues within LU:s library network:
- Hellström, M, Lassi, M, Vermeulen, A, Huber, R, Stocker, M, Toussaint, F, Atkinson, M, Fiebig, M. (2017). A system design for data identifier and citation services for environmental RIs projects to prepare an ENVRIPLUS strategy to negotiate with external organisations. Deliverable of ENVRIplus work package 6 – Inter-RI Data Identification and Citation Services.
- Johnsson, M, Lassi, M. (2016). Hantering av forskningsdata vid fakulteterna inom Lunds universitet – en lägesbeskrivning hösten 2015. Lund: Lunds universitet.
- Johnsson, M, Tilgmann, C, Bank, M, Hultman Özek, Y, Eriksson, J, Lassi, M & Smith, C. (2016). Datahanteringsplaner (DHP) – reflektioner bland ett antal Lundaforskare och från vissa forskningsfinansiärer. Lund: Lunds universitet; 2016.
- Johnsson, M, Tilgmann, C, Bank, M, Hultman Özek, Y, Lassi, M, Eriksson, J & Smith, C. (2016). En omvärldsanalys kring datahanteringsplaner. Lund: Lunds universitet; 2016.
- Lassi, M, Johnsson, M, & Golub, K. (2016). Research data services: An exploration of requirements at two Swedish universities. IFLA Journal, 42(4), 266-277.
- Lassi, M, Johnsson, M, Smith, C, Eriksson, J. (2016). Stödtjänster för hantering av forskningsdata – möjligheter för forskningsbiblioteken. InfoTrend. 69, 1/2, s 30-40.
- Åhlfeldt, J., & Johnsson, M. (2015). Research Libraries and Research Data Management within the Humanities and Social Sciences. [Report].