- Lovisa – Search for both printed and electronic books at Lund University. Many older books (1800–1957) are not visible here.
- LIBRIS – Search for books in all Swedish research and special libraries. LIBRIS features most Swedish books printed from the 1600s and onwards, as well as many international titles from the same period.
- ePublications – Search for e-books at Lund University (limit a completed search to Resource type: Book).
How to find older books
Our older books up to the 1950's are sometimes but not always registered in Lovisa.
- Catalogue-1957 – Search the University Library's older books printed until 1957.
- ALVIN – We are continually working on digitizing older printed books, making them freely accessible online. We are currently transferring all our digitized collections to ALVIN.
How to request books
Remember that most of our books are in storage. You must request the book you need in advance, via Lovisa or Catalogue -1957. You can fetch books in the Open Collection yourself.
If the book is nowhere to be found in Lund, students and employees can request the book as an inter-library loan via their faculty library:
We provide a limited service this summer
We don't process any requests for books from our catalogues Lovisa and Catalogue –1957 during 21 July–13 August.
However you can request older books (–1799) on site or through mail handskrift [at] ub.lu.se.
We don't process any requests for books from our catalogues Lovisa and Catalogue –1957 during
21 July–13 August.
However you can request older books (–1799) on site or through mail handskrift [at] ub.lu.se