What journals are covered by the agreement?
Approximately 1700 journals are included in the Springer Compact agreement. Find the updated list of included journals on the following link:
How does it work?
Once your article has been accepted, Springer will ask you to confirm your affiliation to Lund University. After you have completed this process, Springer and your institution will verify your eligibility. In order for the APC cost to be covered by the agreement, the LU author must be the Corresponding Author. The corresponding author is defined as:
the person who handles the manuscript and correspondence during the publication process – from manuscript correction and proof reading, to handling the revisions and re-submission of revised manuscripts up to the acceptance of the manuscripts. The author has the authority to act on behalf of all co-authors in all matters pertaining to publication of the manuscript including supplementary material. The corresponding author is responsible for obtaining such agreements and for informing the co-authors of the manuscript’s status throughout the submission, review, and publication process. In addition, the corresponding author also acts as the point of contact for any enquiries after the paper is published.
- The agreement only includes hybrid journals from Springer.
- BioMed Central and Springer Open Journals are not part of the agreement. You can still get 50% of the publishing cost in these journals covered by applying to the university’s publishing fund
What types of articles are covered by the agreement?
- Original Paper: Standard article, usually presenting new results; articles published under this article type may also be referred to as Original Research, Original Article, Original Paper or Research Paper.
- Review Paper: Standard article, interpreting previously published results.
- Brief Communication: Short article submitted for rapid publication that exhibits the same structure as a standard article.
- Continuing Education: Article forming integral part of further education (usually medical)
Quetions about Springer Compact? Please contact:
Head of Department, Scholarly Communication
+46 46 222 82 55
kristoffer [dot] holmqvist [at] ub [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 03 26
jorgen [dot] eriksson [at] ub [dot] lu [dot] se