About the agreement
The agreement gives unlimited and free open access publishing SAGE's hybrid journals when the corresponding author is affiliated with Lund University, with the exception of 12 journals. There is also a 20% discount for publishing in their open access journals.
The the free open access publishing applies to the publisher's hybrid journals, with the exception of 12 journals (see below).
Journals not included in the agreement:
• Abstracts in Anthropology
• Advances in Dental Research
• California Management Review
• A Current Bibliography on African Affairs
• Feminist Review
• Handbook of Practice Management
• Index on Censorship
• International Political Science Abstracts/Documentation Politique Internationale
• Journal of the Intensive Care Society
• Pain News
• Phi Delta Kappan
Workflow for authors
State your affiliation to Lund University and always use the LU / LTH e-mail in contact with the publisher.
Through the publisher's submission management system, SAGE Open Access Portal (SOAP), the Corresponding author states affiliation to Lund University when the article is submitted. This indicates that the article is to be published open access within the agreement for the hybrid journals.
- When has been accepted for publication, the author receives an email informing that the article can be published with open access through the agreement. The author is asked to use SOAP.
- Open access publishing is the default option in SOAP, but the author can opt out.
- If the author chooses open access, CC BY becomes the only license option. The author may contact the publisher directly if any other type of license is preferred.
- Lund University Library is not involved in the process of verifying author affiliation.
Discount on publishing in SAGE open access journals
The agreement gives a 20% discount on publishing in SAGE's open access journals. Since the entire publishing of the article is not covered by the agreement, it is also possible to apply for funding from Lund University's central APC fund.
In order to use the 20% discount, authors must enter the code "BIBSAM2020" in the "discount code" field in the RightsLink Author Portal. However, some journals do not use RightsLink. In that case, the author must contact apcqueries [at] Publisherpub [dot] co [dot] uk and request the discount.
Articles in the Open access-journals are published with CC BY-NC license until the submission management system can handle this type of articles. The author can contact the publisher directly and ask for another license.
Other agreements for LU researchers
For questions about the agreement or open access publishing in general, please contact:
publicera [at] lub [dot] lu [dot] se