How to find official publications
Since the 1990s, the majority of these publications are published and searchable online:
- Swedish parliament: Documents & laws – Search the publications of the Swedish parliament and law texts on the parliament’s website.
- Swedish government: Legal documents – Search for inquiries, bills, reports.
- Safir Statistics Sweden (in Swedish) – Links to Swedish statistics.
This guide describes how to find government publications, such as bills, inquiries, laws and statistics:
Here are the official publications
The most important publications are placed in the open library for in-house use only.
- All publications from the Swedish parliament are on the mezzanine floor (up one flight of stairs).
- The Swedish Code of Statutes SFS is also placed on the mezzanine floor.
- Other law collections are available in the Reference Collection (entrance floor).
- The Swedish Government Official Reports series SOU 1922-2016 and the Ministry Publication Series Ds 1987–2016 are located on the so-called deck above the entrance floor. SOU's are also available for borrowing from storage or in the Open Collection.
- Swedish statistics are placed in the north reading room Reflektoriet.
How to request official publications
You can request material not placed on open shelves in the LUBcat catalogue. You can also request older parliamentary publications (1867–2001/2002) for regular loans. Search under "Riksdagstryck” (parliamentary publications) as a title in LUBcat.