Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

Official publications

Official publications are those published by the government, the parliament, public authorities and municipalities. The University Library is responsible for receiving and preserving all official publications printed in Sweden.

How to find official publications

Since the 1990s, the majority of these publications are published and searchable online.

Swedish Parliament: Documents & laws

Search the publications of the Swedish parliament and law texts on the parliament’s website..

Search the Swedish parliament:'s Documents & laws


Swedish Government: Legal Documents

Search for inquiries, bills, reports.

Search the Swedish Government's Legal documents


Digitised parliamentary documents 1521-1970

Older doucments from the Swedish Parliament have now been digitised. Each volume must be searched separately.

Search digitised parliamentary documents 1521-1970 (in Swedish)


Our guide to official publications

This guide describes how to find official publications, such as bills, inquiries, laws and statistics:

How to find government publications (PDF, in Swedish)


Here are the official publications

The most important publications are placed in the open library for in-house use only.

All publications from the Swedish parliament are on the mezzanine floor (up one flight of stairs).

The Swedish Code of Statutes SFS is also placed on the mezzanine floor.

Other law collections are available in the Reference Collection (entrance floor).

The Swedish Government Official Reports series SOU 1922-2016 and the Ministry Publication Series Ds 1987–2016 are located on the so-called deck above the entrance floor. SOU's are also available for borrowing from storage or in the Open Collection.

Swedish statistics are placed in the north reading room Bengtssonsalen.

How to request official publications

You can request material not placed on open shelves in the LUBcat catalogue.  You can also request older parliamentary publications (1867–2001/2002) for regular loans. Search under "Riksdagstryck” (parliamentary publications) as a title in LUBcat.


Page Manager: