Our study spaces are open, and the Covid-19 pandemic no longer limits the opening hours
The University Library opens study spaces and returns to opening hours without limitations due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Avoid crowding at the library and stay at home if you have any symptoms, such as a runny nose, cough, or fever.
Last update of the page: Nov 22, 2021
Back on campus
As of November 1, the University returns to being an organisation without limitations imposed by Covid-19 restrictions.
Our study spaces
The University Library is gradually opening up study spaces. Remember to keep your distance and avoid crowding.
If it is difficult for you to borrow books
You can send someone else to pick up your requested books for you. The person has to show your library card and ID, and their ID at the Information Desk to check out the books.
If it is difficult for you to return books
Check the length of the loan period. We apply automatic renewals if no one else reserves the book.
Return your borrowed items on time and avoid overdue fines!
Please note that since September 15, we have been charging overdue fines. So, remember to return your books on time.
This is how you return books
You can return books at all libraries belonging to Lund University.
You are welcome to return books through our book drop box on the west side of the building.
You can also send books to us by post. Address: Lund University Library. Box 3, 221 00 Lund.
Together, we can slow down the spread of infection
Remember to stay at home if you have any symptoms, such as a runny nose, cough, or fever. Protect yourself and others from the spread of infection. Please use digital resources when you cannot visit us.
Use digital resources
- LUBsearch – Find e-resources through LUBsearch. If you are off-campus, log in with your student or Lucat account to access the full texts.
- LUBcat –Search for literature, make reservations and requests as usual in the library catalogue LUBcat. Items available for requests will have a request button. If there is no request button, you cannot request the item.
- Catalogue -1957 – Find older books in Catalogue -1957.
- Find – On this webpage, you will find search services, databases, and other tools useful when searching for information.
- Svenska dagstidningar – Search and read Swedish newspapers older than 115 years.
- Lubito – Request scanned articles through Lubito.
- Alvin – In Alvin, you can search digitized cultural heritage materials, such as manuscripts, archives, images, maps, and older prints.
- Digital collections – On this webpage, you can explore a selection of digitized collections by categories, subjects, and scientific disciplines.
Please feel free to contact us
Email: info [at] ub [dot] lu [dot] se
Phone: +46 46 222 91 90