ISBN for a doctoral thesis
Before you submit your doctoral thesis for publication it will need a unique ID. This is called International Standard Book Number (ISBN), and is usually printed on the first page of the doctoral thesis.
publicera [at] lub.lu.se (You can obtain your ISBN by contacting us via email )
Please write “Doctoral thesis: ISBN” in the subject line.
Since March 2013, we have been issuing two ISBNs, one for the printed version and one for the electronic version. Both numbers must be included in both versions.
NB The units at Lund University listed below have their own ISBN series. Therefore, in order to secure an ISBN, doctoral students connected to these units should consult with the persons responsible there.
- Department of Architecture and Built Environment
- Building Physics
- Building Services
- Centre for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Construction Management
- Department of Economic History
- Geology – Lithosphere and Biosphere Science
- Geology – Quaternary Sciences
- Faculties of Humanities and Theology
- Department of Industrial Electrical Engineering and Automation
- Department of Informatics
- The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics
- LUCSUS (Lund University Centre for Sustainability Studies)
- Faculty of Medicine
- Academy of Music
- Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystems Science
- School of Social Work
In some cases, the doctoral thesis is published as part of a publication series and is then provided with the publication series’ ISSN (International Standard Serial Number). NB ISSNs are not provided by the University Library, but administered by the faculties insofar as they are used.
For further information, contact us at publicera [at] lub.lu.se.
For questions about the publication process, bibliometrics, research data, open access, etcetera., please contact:
publicera [at] lub.lu.se
For questions about LUCRIS, please contact:
servicedesk [at] lu.se