Material for consultation at the University Library
In addition to the material which is marked "Läsesalslån" (Reading room loan) and which you can only consult on site, there is a great deal of material which can only be borrowed for reading/studying in the Special Collections Reading Room. This applies to:
- all material printed before 1900
- daily newspapers
- manuscripts and archives
- sheet music and musical scores
Requesting material for the Special Collections Reading Room
Posters are to be requested via okat [at] ub.lu.se. You can also order them by completing a paper form, which is available in the Special Collections Reading Room and at the information desk. You are notified via email when the material is available.
For requesting other kinds of materials, go to
Retrieval times vary
- Material printed before 1900 is available after 12:00 the following weekday.
- Manuscripts and archives, images, sheet music/scores are available after 12:00 the following weekday.
- Daily newspapers from storage are available the following weekday.
- Daily newpapers from off-site storage are available on Wednesdays after 10:00.
- Posters, maps and ephemera: you are notified via email when the material is available.