The University Library requests interlibrary loans for certain categories of borrowers.
The University Library requests interlibrary loans of books and journal articles from other libraries for:
- students and employees of Lund University’s specialised centres,
- employees of Lund University’s central administration, and
- emeriti from all faculties at Lund University.
NB If you are a member of any other faculty, you can request an interlibrary loan at your subject library. If you are not affiliated with Lund University in any way, please refer to your municipal library for interlibrary loans.
What can you request?
Books (not e-books) and journal articles (not the journal itself) from Swedish or international libraries.
What does it cost?
- Copies of articles: SEK 80
- Borrowing books from libraries within the Nordic area: Free
- Borrowing books from libraries outside the Nordic area: SEK 150
NB Prices may vary if the relevant lending library applies additional fees.
For how long may I keep the material?
In the case of interlibrary loans, the rules of the relevant lending library apply, so the loan period varies accordingly.
Interlibrary loans for other libraries
Libraries in Sweden as well as in other countries can request loans or copies from the University Library’s collections. Libraries which have access to the LIBRIS ordering procedure are primarily to request material through that channel.
Other libraries can use the request form below for loans or copies.
Terms and conditions
Articles from journals and material that can be copied onto 25 A4 pages are scanned and delivered via email to Swedish, publicly funded libraries at a cost of SEK 80/copy. The receiving library may not release the scanned copy in electronic form; the article must be printed and handed out to the borrower.
Loan period for monographs: 28 days’ guaranteed loan period.
Journals and reference books are not for circulation.
Material which has been recalled cannot be renewed.
- Your loans in Lovisa
- Library card number = LIBRIS logo in small case
- Personal identity number: 1234
Libraries without the LIBRIS logo can email requests to fjarr [at] ub.lu.se for renewals.
What does it cost?
- Copies of articles * to publicly funded libraries **: SEK 80
- Copies of articles * to other libraries/companies: SEK 150
- Copies to libraries/companies outside the Nordic area: 2 IFLA vouchers/Invoice SEK 150
- Loan of books to publicly funded libraries ** in the Nordic area: Free
- Loan of books to other libraries/companies in the Nordic area: SEK 150
- Loan of books to all libraries/companies outside the Nordic area: 2 IFLA vouchers/invoice SEK 150
* In cases where the length of the article exceeds 30 pages, an additional cost of SEK 20 for every additional 10 pages or part thereof is applied.
**‟publicly funded libraries” are understood to be municipal, school and higher education institution libraries along with a number of specialised libraries.
+46 46 222 91 88
fjarr [at] ub.lu.se