The University Library is part of the Lund University Libraries network. The network includes the University Library as well as the faculty libraries.
According to the joint strategic plan for 2014–2016 (extended throughout 2017) the Lund University Libraries will:
- offer professional and inspiring access to information and information services
- actively contribute to the research and publication processes of researchers
- actively contribute to the learning processes of students and the physical and virtual learning environments
- actively participate in strategic discussions at the University
- proactively work with employee and leader excellence and with skills provision